I recently celebrated my 38th birthday. So in honour of another great year, I thought i’d share 38 things I’ve learned from Simplifying many different areas of my home and life. It’s an ongoing process and I still have lots to learn. However, I can say that simplifying can create space, reduce stress and bring happiness to your life. Hope you find some inspiration in some of the following 38 things. Enjoy!
- 1. More “stuff” doesn’t make me happier.
- 2. I don’t need 6 spatulas; 2 work just fine.
- 3. I enjoy traveling with just a carry-on.
- 4. A weeks worth of underwear is more than sufficient.
- 5. Buying more bins does not solve a clutter problem…Decluttering solves a clutter problem.
- 6. I love a clean vehicle.
- 7. Taking hotel shampoos home is no longer appealing.
- 8. It felt good to donate my wedding dress.
- 9. Hand soap is all I need on my bathroom counter.
- 10. Mornings go so much smoother when the kitchen is tidied up the night before.
- 11. Quality over Quantity
- 12. I don’t need to keep things “just in case”.
- 13. It’s okay to say no to hand-me-downs when you already have enough kid clothes.
- 14. Making children’s closets “kid friendly” (everything reachable) helps them to be more independent.
- 15. I love having less clothes in my closet (Thank you Capsule Wardrobe).
- 16. We no longer need two dressers in our bedroom because all of our clothes fit in our closet.
- 17. I eat better the weeks we do food prep on the weekend.
- 18. It’s nice to have less on my kitchen counters.
- 19. Stylish, comfortable track pants do exist (they even have zippers)!
- 20. I don’t enjoy going to the mall anymore.
- 21. I want my kids to appreciate Experiences over Things as Gifts.
- 22. Clutter is Distracting.
- 23. Sometimes all you need is a little time to pass before you’re ready to part with something.
- 24. Empty drawers are a good problem to have.
- 25. If an adult sized onesie makes you happy, warm and cozy – it’s an all around win!
- 26. It feels good to donate something you don’t use so someone else can benefit from it.
- 27. One vehicle is all our family needs.
- 28. Dirty dishes in the sink are a magnet for more dirty dishes.
- 29. It’s tough to teach kids about the value of $$ but we’re working on it.
- 30. Digital clutter is something I am trying to do a better job of managing.
- 31. Having a healthy snack ready for our kids to eat after school is super helpful!
- 32. Small changes can have a big impact over time.
- 33. I’m continually learning how to simplify my life. It’s an ongoing journey.
- 34. It’s satisfying to be able to see all of the food in your fridge and as a result, you waste less food.
- 35. A decluttered home is quicker to clean
- 36. Clutter doesn’t only take up physical space, it takes up mental and emotional space too.
- 37. I have so much to be grateful for.
- 38. Less is more.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. What are some of the things you’ve learned through creating more simplicity in your life? Share your comments below!
Have a great week!
Leave a Reply